Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Letter 12 - Aug 20, 1918


Letter #12 addressed to Mrs. Maggie Thompson
Sedona, AZ     Postmarked August 21, 1918


Co B 134th Inf
Camp Cody NM
July 20, 1918 
(Note:  By context with other letters and postmark on envelope in appears this letter was written Aug 20 even though he dated it July 20.)


Dear Mother,

I will write you a few lines this evening as if they don’t change things we will leave here the 22.  I haven’t had any letters for over a week but may get some tomorrow.  Jim is here this evening.  He never got transferred yet but both regiments will go to the same place when we leave here.  The 135th reg that Myron Loy was in left here this morning.  I got a letter from George Babbitt this eve.  He said he got the money I sent all right.  Well as I don’t have anything else to write I will close for this time.  I will write again as soon as I find where we are going to stop. 

As ever, Charley




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...