Saturday, August 11, 2018

Letter 18 - Oct 10, 1918


Letter #18 To Mrs. J. J. Thompson
Flagstaff, AZ
Postmarked Oct 13, 1918

Oct 10, 1918
133 Inf Co H
Camp Dix, NJ

Dear Mother,

I will drop you a line or two let you know I am leaving here.  My next address will be somewhere in France or some other country across the big pond.  We will leave here some time tonight so if you don’t hear from me any more soon you will know where I have gone.  But you can look for me back some time for I am coming back when the war is over.

I guess we will be a sick bunch in a days ride in the ship for they say that it makes them a lot sea sick.  Well the negros are entertaining us tonight before we leave so I guess I will close and listen to the singing.  

Well this leaves me well and I hope that it finds you all the same.

Your son,
James Thompson

Goodbye till I see you again





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...