Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Letter 15 - Sep 16, 1918


Letter #15 to Mrs. J. J. Thompson
Sedona, AZ  Postmarked Sep 17, 1918

Sep 16, 1918

133 Inf Co H
Camp Dix, New Jersey

Dear Mother,

I will drop you a line or two for I don’t think I will be here many days longer till I will be on the road to France.  I had my picture taken the other day.  I wanted to wait till I got my coat before I had it taken but if I had waited till I got my coat I would not had time to had the picture finished.   So I had it taken without a coat.

Well I am expecting to leave here any time now so you need not write till you hear from me again but I will be back when the war is over.  I get an over seas examination before I get on the boat.  If I pass I go across the water.

Well I will close for this time.  Good-bye till I see you again. 

From your son,

James Thompson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...