Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Letter 11 - August 22, 1918

Letter # 11 to Mr. J J Thompson
Sedona, Arizona
Postmarked Aug 23

August 22, 1918
133 Inf Co H
Camp Cody, NM


Dear Mother

I got the letter last night that you wrote me with Charley’s letter.  He was over and gave it to me.  I will write you a line or two as I am going away in the morning if nothing happens.  They have got most of the stuff loaded on the train now.  I don’t know where I am going but I will soon be on my way.  We had the best rain here last night that we have had since I have been in Camp Cody.  It rained purt near all night.
 I sure would like to be going home instead of going to some other camp.  135 and 136 Inf has already gone.

Well I have not had much to do today.  They haven’t drilled since yesterday noon.  Well as I do not know any more to write I will close for this.  Don’t write any more till you hear from me.  I will write as soon as I get settled again. 

Your son,
James Thompson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...