Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Letter 15A - Sep 2, 1918 (to brother, Fred)


Letter # 15A to Fred Thompson
Flagstaff, Ariz
Postmarked Sep 3, 1918

Camp Dix, NJ
Sep 2, ‘18

Dear Brother,

I got your letter before I left Cody but thought I would wait until seen where I was going before I answered.  I have been here three or four days now.  I like this place better than Cody.  Jim and I just come back from a walk in the big trees.  We are not doing anything today as it is Labor Day. Jim got a letter from you about the same time I did and he said he had wrote twice before. 

We sure seen lots of country coming here, traveled about three thousand miles since we left Cody and was in eleven states. 

I sure want that cow if you sell her but don’t know yet just how I can pay for her.  I was talking to a man here about getting some money and he said he would let me know how in a few days.   I don’t know what you want for her and it will take so long to get letters now I am so far away but if I can buy her I will write to Green so you can see him. 
Well I will close for this time, I got to write to Mother yet. 

As ever,
your brother Chas. Thompson 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...