Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Letter 16A - Sep 10, 1918


Letter #16 A
(in same envelope as previous letter to Maggie Thompson)

Co. B 13th Inf
Camp Dix N J Sept 10, 1918

Dear Brother,

I got your letter about a week ago but thought every day that I would be payed so I could send some money but I didn’t get payed until today.  I am sure glad you bought them cows but I don’t want you to go in debt too much for me as $25.00 a month is all I can send and that counts up slow but maby it will be enough to pay you interest on your money.  Well this isn’t much of a letter but I got to write mother one and you can read hers. 

Your brother,
Chas. Thompson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...