Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Letter 3 - Jun 23, 1918


Letter to Mrs. J. J. Thompson
Sedona, Ariz
Postmarked June 24, 1918


June 23, 1928

Dear Mother

I am moved from where I was at.  I am at regular company now.  Charley is in one company now and I am in another but we are pretty close together yet.   This is a better place than where we was.  We are about a half mile from town now.  We have been getting some good rains now.

I have not had any letters from home about two weeks.  I don’t know what is the matter with the mail.  I wrote Frank a letter but I have not heard from him yet.  Myron Loy, Charley and I was in the same tent but now we are scattered all over Camp Cody.

Well how is everything on Oak Creek now?  Have they got the bridge in yet?  It won’t be long now till you will have ripe peaches there.  How is the crops growing there?  How is the corn growing that we planted over across the creek?

There is another bunch of soldiers coming here Tuesday 25th.  That is why we had to move.  They are going in the Casual Camp. 

Well as I don’t know anything to write I will close hoping to hear from you soon. 

Your loving son,
Jimmy Thompson

This is my address now:
133 Infantry, Company H
Camp Cody, New Mexico




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...