Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Letter 5 - July 19, 1918

Letter #5 to Mr. J J Thompson
Sedona, Ariz
Postmarked July 20, 1918

133 Inf Co H
Camp Cody, New M
July 19 1918
Dear Mother, I will try and write you a line or two. I took the measles the 15th and am at the hospital now. I was pretty sick for a day or two but am getting along alright now. 

I haven’t had nothing to eat since I have been here but milk and then soup, but that gave me some dinner today. There was seven men here with the measles when I came and three of them left today. 

We had a rain here last night. Well as I don’t feel very much like writing I will close for this time, hoping to hear from you soon. I don’t know whether Charley knows where I am or not. I hadn’t seen him for two or three days before I came to the hospital. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 
Your son, Jim Thompson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...