Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Letter 16 - Sep 10, 1918

Letter #16 to Mrs. Maggie Thompson
Sedona, Ariz
Postmarked Sep 11,1918


Co B 134 Inf
Camp Dix, NJ  Sep 10

Dear Mother

I got your letter about a week ago but I had just wrote so I thought I would wait a while.  I didn’t intend to wait so long though as it takes so long for a letter to get from here back there.  Jim and I went out to a lake about three miles Sunday.  there is lots of trees there and the lake twisted all around through the trees.  We stayed out until about 3 o’clock so missed our dinner but got some apples on our way back.
It will sure be cold here a little later as it is cold here now of night and has rained several times since we been here.  Lots of days it is damp and foggy.

I have been having some work done on my teeth since I been here.  We are drawing all of our over seas clothes now and I guess we will go to New York from here and stay there a while. 

Well I don’t know any more to write.  Tell Pendley and Lizzie that if they ever wrote I never got their letters.  Well I would like to see you all but it is only at times that I get lonesome as there is lots of good boys here in the co. and we have been together so much more.

As ever, Chas. Thompson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Were Charles and James Thompson??

The Thompson family were early pioneers in Arizona.  The father and patriarch, Irish immigrant John James Thompson (born 1841), was the firs...